Thread: Reporting Posts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reporting Posts

Hi there everyone!

It's come to our attention that sometimes the moderators (myself included) will miss a post that breaks the rules. We do try our best, but we're only human and there are a lot of posts, so sometimes we miss something.

There's a really handy feature that I'd like to introduce to those of you who haven't yet seen it. This can also be a handy refresher course for anyone here who has seen it, but may have forgotten about it...

Report A Post

At the bottom of every post, you'll see a little silver button with a red exclamation point (!). It looks like this:

If the post in question contains anything that you feel breaks the rules, such as if the post contains illegal stuff or offensive comments, please click that button! You'll get a page that looks like this:

All we ask is that you pick the most relevant reason from the "Reason" drop down list, maybe add a little info in the "Further Information" box, and click "Submit". That'll flag the post, and it'll draw the attention of a moderator, so we can come in and check out the situation.

It's a really great help if you can flag anything you see that breaks the rules.

Thanks for checking out this important announcement!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Reporting Posts

I wanted to add that when reporting the post, it would be very helpful if you would reference the specific rule you feel it is in violation of and why or how it is in violation. This will help the moderators decide whether the post needs to be edited, deleted, or left alone.