Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website Team

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website Team

In the even that I manage to find some more free time, I'm considering doing a complete overhaul of the site. If/when that happens, I'm looking for anyone who might be interested in helping.

There are a lot of areas of the site that are either incomplete or need expanding. The Rescue Rangers episode summaries aren't finished, neither are the screen cap galleries. It's safe to say almost everything in the CDRR area could be expanded. I'd need someone to help with the episode summaries, facts, and trivia (following the same template of the existing summaries and maybe expanding on that).

The reviews section will probably still exist, but in a different format - that's something I'd like to see used a little more.

And of course, any images, videos, audio or other media anyone would like to contribute would be accepted as well.

What I'm mostly looking for are writers - people who can contribute things to the main site, be it summaries, reviews, or any other type of article that is relevant to the site's subject matter.

I can't really provide much in terms of compensation, other than my gratitude and the oh so prestigious "website team" icon under your username. Plus, anything you contribute will have your name attached (unless you'd prefer to remain anonymous).

This isn't likely to happen right away, but I wanted to get this out there to give anyone interested sufficient time to think it over and possibly brain storm some ideas before I actually get the ball rolling.

xoxo,
    Ducky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Website Team

I'd be interested in helping out, I'm always looking for excuses to write more...
    Erik Berg
    RRC++ R+ P++ TH (A-;I-;Dr-;Hu+;In-;Mu-;R+;P+;Sl+;Su+) ME->++ Ix! CR+ Cc++g+++!m++z+f++t-- Ec++d-g+++! D M++ Zm GH++ L! Ge++ Pc+++!d--o--- SSs(2)r(21)bk(12)
    CnD+++ Pc+;r++ Ea-;f++;m+;k+;w+ Achp++;dle;gdg++ Mgdg++;chp+;dle- Rchp&gdg++ I F++ V++ Tr?;g? Daco++ Zm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be happy to help with an episode summary or two as I can. I'm a bit busy with school at the moment so I can't guarantee frequent activity, but I'm sure I could get one done here and there. Which ones still need to be done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in, for whatever good I can do.
    "Semper Fidelis Tyrranasaurus!" - Number 21

"Josh Billings is not a Spice Girl!" - Me

"There is no penguin mafia." - the Penguin Mafia

KS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can help with the summaries and facts.

Read my evil European political blog
    : http://cdrrpb.blogspot.com/ Last updated: 4 December 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can do... something. If given a large enough window I can do that something well.
    Sleep-o-Meter: DEATH---------------|-------------X!!!---NORMALITY

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you guys are awesome. Thanks for volunteering.

Regarding the episode summaries, I think it would be easier to tell you which ones have been done, because that list is shorter. Anyway, you can see for yourself here:
    http://chipndaleonline.com
    Just look at the left hand side of the page, there's a menu listing the episodes and I believe it stops at Three Men and a Booby.

As you can see, most of the summaries I have on there now are very short - and I think most might even be from tv.com (where credited), so they can definitely use some improvement.

I'll let you all know more as I figure out exactly what I want to do. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Re: Website Team

As we're getting closer to the site's relaunch (we'll call it 3.0), I can get a little more specific about where I’d like to go with this.

I want to take the site in a new direction. I no longer want this to be “Ducky’s site.” I want this to be a site that is For Fans, By Fans. Ideally, it will be community driven with user generated content. Sure, I’ll still be the owner/administrator, but I’ll no longer be the sole contributor. That’s where you guys come in.

I must stress again that I am looking for volunteers. Because this is just a fan site, I cannot afford to pay anyone, so I'm grateful to everyone who is interested in donating their time and efforts to making this a better place.

Here are some of the staff openings I’m hoping to fill:

Content Writers (columnists):

They will create the articles that appear throughout the site, writing about anything that has to do with Chip ‘n’ Dale or Rescue Rangers, or even the fandom in general (look at some of Bryce’s recent articles as an example, as well as something someone wrote up on another site about Zipper being the “lost Ranger”).

• Content writers must have extensive knowledge of the classic shorts, Rescue Rangers, or the history of the fandom.
    • Have a strong grasp of proper spelling, grammar and punctuation (or at least be able to use spell check).
    • Be able to respond to comments by other users and promote friendly discussion.
    • A passion for writing.

News Correspondents

These are the people who find the latest news or gossip regarding Chip ‘n’ Dale or Rescue Rangers. Things like DVD releases, TV airings, new merchandise, or other relevant finds.

• News correspondents must be able to quickly find the latest information relating to the general Chip ‘n’ Dale universe
    • Have a strong grasp of proper spelling, grammar and punctuation (or at least be able to use spell check).
    • Be able to work with others and coordinate news postings.

Graphic Artists

They create custom graphics for the website. This could be image edits/manipulation of existing Disney artwork or original graphics to spruce up the site, such as the various icons used throughout the forums.

• Graphic artists must have a strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, or similar image editing software.
    • The ability to manipulate/crop/edit official or existing artwork
    • The ability to create new, custom graphics for use throughout the website

In addition to Graphics Artists, I’m also looking for someone with similar skills who is willing to help with the overall design of the site, including designing new skins for the main site, the forums and the image gallery, or simply helping to make adjustments/improvements to existing designs. A working knowledge of PHP/CSS is a huge plus here.

If you are seriously interested in helping out, send me a PM or an email with the following information:

Your Username:
    Real Name (optional, but it makes communication easier)
    Email address:
    IM screen name:
    Best way to contact you?
    Position you’re applying for:
    Why you’re applying/what you hope to contribute:
    Past experience, or other skills you want us to know about:
    Anything else you’d to add:

Thank you to everyone who has expressed an interest in helping out. Again, if you’re interested, drop me a PM or send me an email to ducky (at) chipndaleonline.com .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news: I've already brought two "outsiders" on board who have agreed to contribute their content to the site - one is a reviewer from another blog who regularly reviews new DVD releases, and the other has a pretty impressive photo collection of rare Chip 'n' Dale and CDRR merchandise that he has given me permission to republish to our gallery.

This is looking good - now I only need some of our own to jump on board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could probably add something to the reviews section, I have reviewed a load of stuff in my spare time and for school etc. (including the UKs Rescue Rangers boxset) so I'm always looking to write more.

Ranger Code:
    RRC+ R- P+ TH(A I+ X- Hu+ R+ P Su) ME->+ Ix CR-->! Cd+++g++t++rc--- Ed++c- D- M Zm(13) GH L Ge- Pd+++Pc-- SSbk(23)
    Chip N Dale Code:
    CnD+++ Pc++;r++ Ea;f-;m-;k-;w- Adle++;gdg++^;tmy+^ Mdle++;gdg+;tmy Rdle&gdg++;chp&dle+;fct&mep--- I F+ V++ Tr28;g67 Dcdo++ Zm-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could help you write reviews, summaries and share facts and tidbits. My credentials being an active member of this community from long before C&D Online was around.

Read my evil European political blog
    : http://cdrrpb.blogspot.com/ Last updated: 4 December 2007

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphic Artist needed for new forum.

If anyone who visits this site thinks they have ideas for and the ability to create new icons to help personalize this site, to make it make it a little more Chip 'n' Dale, please contact me. Normally, I have the ability to do this myself, but I would appreciate the extra help. I know we have a lot of very talented artists around here, people who are more than capable of drawing, say, a peanut. Any ideas you think you might have, from the new post icons, to the reply buttons, or even the color scheme, please send me a message.

I could always just use the old icon set
    forum_unread3..gifforum_read1..gifbut I thought it might be nice to have something a little different. Of course, if you disagree and would rather see the old icons implemented here, I welcome that opinion as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old icons are awesome, I just appreciate having an icon that makes it so you can see visually whether you've replied to that topic are not, so if the old icons can be used in such a way that it's easily visually apparent whether one has replied to a topic or not I'm all for reusing the awesome icons.
    Erik Berg
    RRC++ R+ P++ TH (A-;I-;Dr-;Hu+;In-;Mu-;R+;P+;Sl+;Su+) ME->++ Ix! CR+ Cc++g+++!m++z+f++t-- Ec++d-g+++! D M++ Zm GH++ L! Ge++ Pc+++!d--o--- SSs(2)r(21)bk(12)
    CnD+++ Pc+;r++ Ea-;f++;m+;k+;w+ Achp++;dle;gdg++ Mgdg++;chp+;dle- Rchp&gdg++ I F++ V++ Tr?;g? Daco++ Zm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, it wouldn't be hard at all to make extra icons for marking threads you've commented on.. it was something I wanted to do on the old forum but got tired or lazy or all of the above. I'll get to work on that unless someone come up with something better.

*posted from my Droid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Okay, it wouldn't be hard at all to make extra icons for marking threads you've commented on.. it was something I wanted to do on the old forum but got tired or lazy or all of the above. I'll get to work on that unless someone come up with something better.

*posted from my Droid
    Maybe this is a job Nikki could do?

*posted from my iPhone
    <insert witty signature here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds awesome!

*posted from my laptop!

Way to be 10 years behind the times Mr. BERG!!!!
    Erik Berg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind writing summaries or articles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *BUMP*

I'm about to republish the site, even though it's less complete than it was before I took it down. This is just a heads up to anyone who wanted to contribute something to the site, that you'll be able to do so shortly (assuming nothing goes horribly wrong between now and then).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main site is back up again and looking pretty sparse, so if anyone has anything they'd like to contribute, now is the time.

Right now I'm really looking for any articles/reviews about the most recent comics, or even reviews of existing fanfics or other aspects of the "fandom" (along the lines of some of the things Bryce has already published).

Bryce: With your permission, I'd like to republish some of those as featured articles.

Also, if any of you take the time to read some of the articles that have already been posted, you may notice that some items/words are linked, directing to a page with information on that character/subject (kind of like a wiki, but in a blog/cms). This is another area I'm going to need help in. Take a look at this page for an example.

Anyway, for those of you who had previously expressed interested, now's the time to act. Submit anything you'd like to include to me directly (either by PM or to my ducky (at) chipndaleonline email address), and it will be reviewed and published with you as the author (you'll also be added to the contributors group).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryce: With your permission, I'd like to republish some of those as featured articles.
    Sure, that's fine. Just link back to my website on the page.