Thread: Choose Your Own Chip 'n' Dale Adventure

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choose Your Own Chip 'n' Dale Adventure

This is just an idea I had, and I wanted to see how it goes. This is going to be a bit like a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book, and I'll do all the writing. I'll write a paragraph or two, and you can jump in (if you'd like, please) and say what you'd like to happen next, and then I'll write that in. If I get conflicting replies, then I reserve the right to pick which one I go with, if that's cool. Also, I make no guarantees, but I will try to be fair, and I'll try to actually update regularly and complete the story. Oh, and I'll keep all the non-story stuff in this cool purple colour.

The rain pattered against the window. It was a small porthole-style affair, with a small piece of glass braced in place with perpendicular toothpicks. Gadget sat up on her mattress, her rose blonde hair stricken with knots. She examined the glass; the water was creating meandering rivulets, of which she watched a few descend.

Blinking the sleep from her eyes, Gadget stood up from her bed and stretched, awkwardly scratching behind one ear. Taking a moment to compose herself, she selected one of a number of identical lavender coveralls. She donned the suit with a haste borne of habit, and quickly straightened her bed covers.

An hour of tinkering in her workshop, followed by freshening up and a brisk cool shower, and Gadget felt ready to face her compatriots, idiosyncratic as they all were. She stepped into the main room, the nerve centre of their rescuing operations, and the social centre of their personal lives. Unsurprisingly, Dale stood before the television, bouncing from foot to foot, cheering and jeering at morning cartoons.

"Wowiee zowiee!" exclaimed Dale, his unbridled excitement at a gallop, "That Discord is really something!"

With dramatic suddenness, the front door flew open. Lightning silhouetted a figure in the doorway, who entered the tree house with the rain. Slamming the popsicle-stick door behind him, and descending the domino stairway, the figure revealed himself as Chip.

"Come on guys," Chip announced, "We've got a case..."

So, if I may have your help on this one, what crime and/or villain is Chip about to announce?

Soda is on her cellphone...
    Last edited by Soda; 04-26-2012 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Clarified a few points...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rat Capone kidnapped a woman.

Read my evil European political blog
    : http://cdrrpb.blogspot.com/ Last updated: 4 December 2007

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I smell a rat," Monterey Jack said with his distinctive Australian drawl, as he entered the room from the kitchen. He was drying his hand paws on a small cut of walnut-coloured towel, and flecks of batter dotted his moustache. An excited Zipper followed him, chittering and buzzing in agreement. Monty planted his feet, and asked "What's happening, Chipper?"

Chip gesticulated out the window, as if the other Rangers would see if only they looked. "It's Rat Capone," he declared, water dripping from his outstretched paw, "And he has kidnapped Tania Tapmaus, straight from her home!"

"The Tania Tapmaus?" spat Dale, his eyes wide and staring with outright surprise at Chip, "Famous singer, dancer, and all-round beauty-mouse?"

"The one and the same," Chip replied, brushing some rainwater off his jacket and adjusting his fedora. "And we're gonna save her."

"How could someone like Tania Tapmaus get kidnapped?" pondered Gadget aloud, one paw rubbing her chin as she thought, "She's so rich and famous, she must have dozens of bodyguards."

"Gadget luv, you don't think she willingly gave herself up to a rat like Capone, do you?" Monty countered, in the usual good-natured manner he shared with Gadget. His paw brushed his moustache clean.

"We can't just stand around! We've got to start looking for clues!" Dale shouted frantically, his arms wildly expressing how scandalised he felt.

"To the RangerPlane!" called Chip, and in moments the team was in the air, their tiny craft being buffeted through the air by a stern gale.

"At least the rain has eased off," Gadget yelled as she piloted the aircraft, her voice only just carrying over the noise of the wind and the engine. The plane suddenly rolled to one side, and Gadget wrenched the controls to balance. She peered over her shoulder at her passengers, and wiped her goggles clear on the sleeve of her coveralls. Dale and Monty were both leaning over one side, and Chip was clamouring to see over his friend's back.

"Lookie lookie!" Dale shouted, pointing out the side of the plane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a throng of journalists crowded around someone inside the mass rodent reporters.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gadget followed Dale's finger as he pointed down at the ground. A crowd of mice and other rodents had gathered inside an alleyway, all bunching up around the entryway to a rather exclusive club. The entry was little more than a spruced up mousehole, but the venue was very well-known among clubbing circles.
    "Get us closer, Gadget luv," Monty hollered, and at Gadget's touch the RangerPlane rolled and dived. The nimble craft broke from its decent and hovered perfectly, bare inches above the throng of mice, a testament to Gadget's piloting.

"Reporters!?" Dale asked, noting the number in the crowd holding tiny notepads, and hats with press badges tucked into the bands. The noise of rodents all chattering and asking questions at once was overwhelming, and they all seemed fixed on a figure in the entryway.

"Too right, lad," replied Monty with a deep shout. He pointed out a single wretched figure, a scrawny middle-aged mouse clad in an expensive black suit and hunched in a bestially bent posture, who was attempting to leave the club, "and boy do they want a piece of him. Reminds me of a piranha feedin' frenzy I once saw back in..."

"No time for that, Monty," Chip said, directing Gadget towards the inundated figure, "Can you grab him with the grappler?"

"Stand by..." Gadget replied, opening the centre console and twiddling a small control pad. The noise from the crowd swelled as she fired the device, and a small gripping claw lashed out to snag the surrounded mouse. Some of the reporters called out in disbelief as the RangerPlane hoisted their target up and away.

After a short flight, with one mouse dangling precariously beneath the aircraft's undercarriage, the RangerPlane was parked on the roof of a nearby apartment. The Rangers debarked to meet the mouse they had just rescued.

"Hey," Dale called to the mouse who had just climbed free of the grappling claw, "I recognise you..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Sparky after his latest fashion change, and he has a threatening message to deliver.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dale reached out towards the newcomer's face, as if touching him might help. "Sparky?" Dale asked. Gadget furrowed her brow, and stroked her chin thoughtfully, as she studied the hunched mouse.

"Don't be silly," Chip spat, eyeing Dale with contempt. Zipper buzzed with worry, and shot Monty a warning glance.

Monty winked at Zipper, and quickly stepped in before an argument of contradiction started between the chipmunks. "Sparky is a tad younger that this fellow, don't you think lad?" Monty asked, followed with a quick apology, "No offense, mate."

"What?" The hunched mouse said, with a voice that tugged at the Rangers' memories, "Oh, no, I am Sparky. At least, I think I... no, I definitely am Sparky." Chip goggled at the fellow; there was no doubting the familiarity of that voice, nor that sense of bewilderment.

"Sparky!" Gadget cried as she stepped up and hugged him, a broad smile on her face. "It's been so long! What... what happened to you?"

"Hello... Gadget," Sparky replied, looking a little surprised by the hug, and offering a somewhat sullen smile as Gadget released him.

"You look terrible," Chip said forthrightly, "You look like you've aged... years!"

Sparky hummed and nodded to himself, looking down at his hand paws, "They found out that I used to work for the professor... they thought I could be used. Now look at me." He turned his paws over, and looked up, his eyes wrought with weariness. "Oh, hi Gadget," he said again, smiling a little.

Gadget smiled back and drew breath to talk, but Chip cut her off. "What are you saying? Who did this?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MIT has been experimenting on Sparky with Nimnul's Foogy device.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparky tells a convincing lie in an attempt to lead the Rangers into a lethal trap.