Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Official Arc's Rescue Rangers Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the Happy Tom Cat Food Factory loose it's rooftop mascot or did big Fat Daddy C just relocate to better accommodations?

Fat Cat must be relishing Chip's recent misfortunes. I really love the Clarice reference. Wouldn't be surprised if she was ever in Fat Cat's employ, but that would've been before the Rangers.

2. Likes ArcaneTheWoof liked this post
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arztek For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New digs for a successful cat!

Interesting thought... the buxom beauty working for the big man, eh? Could be...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clarice always annoyed the crap out of me. I may have to injure you if you're actually considering putting her in the comic. :P

6. Likes ArcaneTheWoof liked this post
  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiggles For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the buxom beauty were, in fact, working for the tubby tabby, wouldn't that just give us more reason to hate her...and don't we just love to hate villains?

9. Likes ArcaneTheWoof liked this post
  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arztek For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arztek View Post
    Did the Happy Tom Cat Food Factory loose it's rooftop mascot or did big Fat Daddy C just relocate to better accommodations?

Fat Cat must be relishing Chip's recent misfortunes. I really love the Clarice reference. Wouldn't be surprised if she was ever in Fat Cat's employ, but that would've been before the Rangers.
    Seems more like FC just found a stool pigeon who had the dirt on Chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles View Post
    Clarice always annoyed the crap out of me. I may have to injure you if you're actually considering putting her in the comic. :P
    This'll make me sound like a sadist, but go ahead and put her in the comic.

Read my evil European political blog
    : http://cdrrpb.blogspot.com/ Last updated: 4 December 2007

12. Likes ArcaneTheWoof liked this post
  13. The Following User Says Thank You to CD For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a little something for those who might be interested. I've been working on a page from Issue 3 to nail down the final style for the issue. This panel ended up getting replaced on the page, so I thought I might show you :9

See you soon~

15. Likes Arztek liked this post
  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArcaneTheWoof For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like those winter outfits - especially Gadget's. Shame to loose such a nice panel.

Your evolving style is excellent. Not that it's a problem here, but don't push too far from where you started or you might break the continuity and uniformity of the series.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Arztek For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was a flashback to a scene from the show—this page is rife with flashbacks—and it got cut because it wasn't quite in line with what I was trying to portray with the flashbacks. I thought it was a shame too, though, so here it is!

I don't intend to dramatically change the style—as you'll notice, the tones remain, slightly altered to take advantage of crosshatching techniques—but I don't intend to let the style hold me back, either. If you look back at the first few pages, you'll notice that the characters are a lot rounder than they are lately, and that some little details have changed, such as how I draw eyes.

I've been developing some new artistic techniques lately for other projects on the table, including a comic book I hope to start soon with my ex, and I wanted to bring them home here. The block shading on Chip's jacket, and more shading overall, is an example of that. But I thought that rather than suddenly alter the style page to page, I would use Issue 3 as a chance to introduce the new technique. So I hope you guys like it :9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone, I wanted to just say sorry that it's been so long since the last comic update. Lots of stuff going on here with the YouTube channel, which is my main jam right now. We just got a sponsor so we're trying to pick up production. I should have some stuff soon, but the channel is taking a lot of my time.

Turns out that animating your Let's Play makes it pretty damn time-intensive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For those of you subscribed to this thread: there's a new page live! Sorry for the long wait! Go check it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sometime last night, while I slept, Arc's Rescue Rangers ticked over 10,000 views. I'm flabbergasted.

Thank you guys so much for your readership and feedback. Issue 2 is almost complete, something I never thought I'd be able to do. I hope you're ready for the rest of this roller coaster!

23. Likes Arztek, ksharbaugh, Wiggles liked this post
  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArcaneTheWoof For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arc, you're more than welcome. We love reading your comic and look forward to each new page. Thank you so much for being such a great contributor and such a vital member of our forums.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiggles For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fun fact: whatever is in these meds I'm taking is amazing for art. Pages 22, 23, and 24 were completed in a span of just over 24 hours. Page 24 is actually scheduled because I can't post more than one page per day. Whooo

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ArcaneTheWoof For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not dead, I promise. Here's a preview of what's coming...

Screen Shot 2015-05-03 at 9.55.43 AM.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.) Please be careful when it comes to meds. I don't want them drugs effing you up.
    2.) Can we play "fill in the speech bubble" with that panel you just posted? :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised I didn't notice this before, but that's a more manga/anime inspired take on Professor Nimnul, isn't it?

32. Likes ArcaneTheWoof liked this post
  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Arztek For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I suppose to some extent, manga and anime have influenced my style, yes. Although the opaque glasses did get nixed in the final version of the page (live now!). I like to think that I blend some of the best of eastern and western techniques with a good healthy dose of my own style.

I try to draw ordinary people as much as possible, letting characters show their age and flaws. It's less obvious in the furry characters of the comic, but even there, the older Rangers all show their age a little more in the lines of their face and in their expressions. Even Gadget I try to make look a little older than Tammy, for example. In humans, though, it really shows up. Hope it works for you! :9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey guys! I'm not dead. Much going on, as per usual. But I find time to work on the comic. Here's a preview of what's coming...

Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 4.52.04 AM.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got a new stream channel for watching me make arts! I'll be drawing the next page of the comic today! Drop by and follow the channel if you want to be notified of future streams! http://picarto.tv/ArcaneTheWoof

37. Likes Ducky liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chiplaugh(1) Milestones! Also, life!

When I posted the latest page, I did my two usual checks: visitors, and The Webcomic List.

Forty. Thousand. Visitors.

#92.

In one fell swoop Arc's Rescue Rangers cleared the top 100 and hit another 10k. Excuse me while I sh*t myself.

I cannot begin to say how much it means to me that you guys have stuck with me and supported this silly fan comic. It's been a long, challenging, and rewarding run.

On that note, a big moment is happening for me this month. As you may know, Arcane's Rescue Rangers was a keystone in befriending Aaron Neathery, author of the webcomic Endtown. Through that relationship I was hired to illustrate Ove Kåven's Black Hole Dawn, a sci-fi webcomic that we'll be picking up the pace on this month. Now, starting on the 30th, I'll be starting work as Aaron's assistant on Endtown in a move to get the strip up to five a week. We'll be feeling things out for a bit to make sure it's a financially viable option for him and that we can work well together, but I have high hopes and drive to make this work. There is a powerful excitement that accompanies getting to work on something that I'm such a huge fan of, and I can't begin to explain how great it feels to be a professional artist. Freelancing is one thing, but an art job—a job where I get to be part of the creative process—is rare and wonderful.

I know I'm not the most active member here on the forums, what with all the work I have to do to get to a point where I'm a sustainable human being, but guys: I wouldn't have these opportunities without Arc's Rescue Rangers, and I wouldn't have stuck with it if not for you guys. All I can say is thank you. Arc's Rescue Rangers will continue—I love it too much to stop—so here's looking forward to 2016 and the continuing adventures of our furry friends.

Cheers!

39. Likes ksharbaugh, Wiggles liked this post
  40. The Following User Says Thank You to ArcaneTheWoof For This Useful Post: