Thread: Shipping World War II

Shipping World War II

Not a flame war or anything like that. But I'd like to see renewed discussion over who you ship! It's my favorite subject amongst fans now go!!!!

Chip x Foxglove
    "Light got disconnect?ed from the community, and Ducky seems to be in love with him"

Okay, for a second there I thought that you were talking about shipping World War II-based entities with each other, like perhaps shipping a buff personification of Germany with a weak and whiny personification of Italy. (See Hetalia: Axis Powers, et al.)

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    Chip x Foxglove
    Okay... this is controversial, but...

Chip x Dale (they're effing made for each other)
    Me x Gadget (yes, seriously)
    Zipper x Queenie
    "Mistletoe... it's often infested with nargles." -Luna Lovegood

Quote Originally Posted by Soda View Post
    Okay, for a second there I thought that you were talking about shipping World War II-based entities with each other, like perhaps shipping a buff personification of Germany with a weak and whiny personification of Italy. (See Hetalia: Axis Powers, et al.)
    I was thinking more Churchill + Rooseveld. FDR probably already saw Winston in a birthday suit, taking a bath.

I also think Patton and Montgomery make for a great tsundere couple. "See, Bernie? I made it to Messina first after all." "Sure, have a little parade for yourselves and pat yourself on the back. I'm not impressed. It's not like I care who would arrive first. Baka."

Read my evil European political blog
    : http://cdrrpb.blogspot.com/ Last updated: 4 December 2007

Come on, ladies and gents! I appreciate history very much, but I'd hardly post about it in here

What I like about a Chip x Foxglove pairing is the opposites attract angle. Chip wouldn't be able to stand her at first because she is, arguably, even goofier than Dale and he has little patience for his brother as it is. Foxglove is certainly into someone with a lot of personality and as opposed to Dale, she'd find Chip to be somewhat of a bore? But given time, and when the situations arise, they come to like each other more. Chip starts to appreciate the attention he gets from her, which is opposed to him always chasing Gadget with little to no reciprocation. Foxglove finds his confidence appealing, as opposed to always intimidating Dale with her less than subtle flirting. She also wouldn't be opposed to being rescued all the time by someone who will risk life and limb for her without question. They'd find something very different yet ultimately refreshing in each other.
    "Light got disconnect?ed from the community, and Ducky seems to be in love with him"

Well, in the same vein of unorthodox couples, I think Dale and Gadget work better than Chip and Gadget. While Chip goes to great lengths, even pulling rank to be around her, there just isn't much he can relate to. He's a romantic, she's absolutely blind to sentimental flirting and an utter pragmatist. He's serious and work obsessed, she is prolific, but single minded in the pursuit of mechanical solutions. And while Chip has at times been able to improvise equipment, I'd argue that when Dale puts his mind to something, he far exceeds Chip in this regard. Dale put together a spy suit in what seemed a single night. He came up with the idea of a golden horn to redirect the banshee's wail back at her. And there are plenty of other examples of mechanical creativity from Dale. I'd say this would appeal to Gadget a lot more, and as long as Dale is motivated by how awesome a certain invention could be, they actually could bond over the building and brainstorming. They're also both kind of sloppy. Though in Dale's case it's more of a traditional case of leaving a mess and being a litterbug, whereas Gadget's is more organized chaos and 'oh, so that's where that was supposed to go'. Gadget however is also more mature and responsible, and probably would be able to make him compensate for his less desirable traits since he does try to please her without them being a couple even, and she has more patience for him than Chip.

Read my evil European political blog
    : http://cdrrpb.blogspot.com/ Last updated: 4 December 2007