Thread: Best Classic Chip'n'Dale episode?

Best Classic Chip'n'Dale episode?

Post and discuss. Do(lan)nald does not approve either way
    "Light got disconnect?ed from the community, and Ducky seems to be in love with him"

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    Post and discuss. Do(lan)nald does not approve either way
    I think Donald Applecore is my favourite, because I like the farm setting, and the idea that chipmunks would be taking a break from collecting nuts, and instead eating all of Donald's apples for some reason. The apple-core throwing is pretty awesome, too, as well as Donald's wreckless and dangerous misuse of pesticides.

(When I was a child, I had no idea what they were saying during the 'Baltimore, apple-core' gag, not knowing what a Baltimore was, but it was hilarious all the same.)
    "Mistletoe... it's often infested with nargles." -Luna Lovegood

Quote Originally Posted by Soda View Post
    I think Donald Applecore is my favourite, because I like the farm setting, and the idea that chipmunks would be taking a break from collecting nuts, and instead eating all of Donald's apples for some reason. The apple-core throwing is pretty awesome, too, as well as Donald's wreckless and dangerous misuse of pesticides.

(When I was a child, I had no idea what they were saying during the 'Baltimore, apple-core' gag, not knowing what a Baltimore was, but it was hilarious all the same.)
    When I was a child, I didn't understand the gag involving Donald blasting himself all the way to China. In fact, whenever I heard the derogatory, Chinese gibberish all I ever thought was "who is that?" haha.

I have to give it to Two Chips and a Miss, but I'm also fond of Dragon Around. It's funny because a book I read mentioned Two Chips and a Miss and how it endorsed same-sex issues during a time when it was taboo, going into emphasis and detail regarding how both Chip and Dale are repressed and Clarice was leading them on until they'd kiss each other and ultimately accept it. I like that idea, but I'd say the author was reading a little too much into it XD
    "Light got disconnect?ed from the community, and Ducky seems to be in love with him"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Light For This Useful Post:

The beginning of Dragon Around is the best purely because Dale looks like he’s having a seizure when he’s trying to explain the “dragon” to Chip.

Also, I never understood the blasting all the way to China joke, either, until MANY years later.
    "Ahh, Frankie Sinatra, ahh, Frank Sinatra, Frankie me boy, you don't know, you have the perfect voice to sing calypso."

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    I have to give it to Two Chips and a Miss, but I'm also fond of Dragon Around. It's funny because a book I read mentioned Two Chips and a Miss and how it endorsed same-sex issues during a time when it was taboo, going into emphasis and detail regarding how both Chip and Dale are repressed and Clarice was leading them on until they'd kiss each other and ultimately accept it. I like that idea, but I'd say the author was reading a little too much into it XD
    Yeah, I think that's a little too progressive even for a company known for the Disneyland gay days and Let It Go. Disney was actually more of an outlier on the conservative side back in its red scare days. I think Warner Bros. and their notorious cross dressing bunny, or Fleischer Studios' Betty 'I-used-to-be-a-dog-but-my-sex-appeal-would-confuse-the-kiddies' Boop are more of an example of pro-gay companies.

Read my evil European political blog
    : http://cdrrpb.blogspot.com/ Last updated: 4 December 2007

Oh, and Two Chips and a Miss is best Chip and Dale short. For curvy chipmunk ladies, if not gay male Chip 'n Dales.

Read my evil European political blog
    : http://cdrrpb.blogspot.com/ Last updated: 4 December 2007