Thread: Life Updates

Life Updates

Hey guys.

So... I haven't been super active around here recently. In my defense, there's been a lot going on. Here's a quick recap of the last two years or so of my life:

I moved into my own apartment, started a professional freelance illustration business and did quite good for myself for about a year before my ex and her significant others accused me of some pretty heinous things and shredded my life, which put me in the hospital and left me wondering if I wasn't about to lose the ability to see my own kids right around Christmastime. That January, circumstances put me and my family in the position of taking custody of the children and initiating a custody battle that has cost us thousands of dollars and taken the better part of this year. As of mid-December, we might have a resolution.

Earlier this month, I was diagnosed with bipolar and have been taking medication for the condition. I've long suspected that there might be something wrong along these lines but I've never been able to pursue that possibility and seek help until now. I'm still adjusting to the new stability that the medication has been providing me.

I want all of you to know that I appreciate you and your support of me and my work over the years. I've been using the comic as a way to adjust my artistic workflow—hence the influx of pages lately—and I anticipate Issue 3 being done soon, with Issue 4 on the way. I hope you'll join me on that adventure.

So that's what's been doing. I hope you all are well.

Also, some of you I have chatted with on Skype; I no longer use the service, having switched to Discord. If you'd like to chat with me there, you can add me personally (arcanethewoof#8303), or you can join one of my discord servers.

Peace all~

I'm sorry that things got so bad, but I'm glad that they seem to be getting better; good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reese For This Useful Post:

I’m happy to hear that things might be turning around for you. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 25 - the same year I made this site - so I understand what a mixed blessing it can feel like. On one hand, you’ve learned that you have this illness that needs to be managed, and it’s an illness with a terrible stigma attached to it. On the other hand, you have an answer and are on the path to recovery and management.

Sent from my iQuack using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ducky For This Useful Post:

Aww, Arcane, I’m so sorry you had to go through all that crap. I really hope that things turn out well for you in the end, and also I’m glad you were able to get medication. Mental stuff is ROUGH—I understand that very well.

I also want to apologize for not responding the last few times you tried to Skype me. I was on very sparingly and now not at all save for a few random occasions. Things have been so busy for me lately. But it’s really good to see that you’re back and posting more pages!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiggles For This Useful Post:

Thank you guys for your kind words! And I understand, Wiggles. As I said, I myself was barely on Skype at all and have now ditched the software entirely. I do miss your periodic squees on the page comments tho

And yes, new pages! With luck and hard work, I'll be finishing Issue 3 tomorrow!! This is kind of a big moment for me, not just because it's a milestone, but also because issues 4 and 5 have two of the Big Moments that I wrote very early on and made me want to do this series in the first place. Excitiiiing

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ArcaneTheWoof For This Useful Post:

So, like, I'm probably not gonna sign up for the discord thingy, but are you on other social media? We should, y'know, catch up and stuff.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiggles For This Useful Post:

Honestly, between doing gaming streams for ControllerTape, art projects, and being a full-time dad again, I just don't have time for social media in general. It's all I can do to keep active on my own fan servers on Discord and occasionally shoot out a stupid tweet on the ControllerTape Twitter account. I used to be on Facebook, but the people I was on there to connect with don't think very highly of me anymore, so that's gone bye-bye. I'd love to catch up, but I'm afraid Discord is where I'm at most of the time. Alas I'm open to suggestions tho~