Site news and announcements
Site news and announcements
Arcane’s Rescue Rangers Graphic Novel on the CnDO Network
The comic is linked to our forums for easily discussion and interaction with the author/artist. If you aren’t already familiar with Arcane’s work, I strongly encourage you to check it out.
This is a sad day for Rescue Rangers fans, who had been treated to their first taste of fresh original official CDRR content since the TV series was cancelled back in the early 90s.
The only mention of this on the BOOM! studios website is in the forums, where a subscriber asked why CDRR was absent from the titles scheduled to be shipping in August 2011. The reason given was that issue #8 was to be the last issue “for the time being,” and that there were no plans to continue the series. There has yet to be an official announcement explaining why the series was cancelled; all we know is that it will be replaced by the DuckTales comic in their publishing schedule.
In other news, Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers issue #7 is now available… better pick it up while you still can, before the CDRR comics are out of print.
Coming soon from BOOM! Studios…
Availability: Not yet released.
Writer(s): Ian Brill
Artist(s): Leonel Castellani
No crimes go slipping through the cracks in this issue of RESCUE RANGERS! A rich businessmouse begs for help tracking down his kidnapped daughter, but Chip ‘n’ Dale smell a rat. Actually, they smell a bunch of rats! And when NINJA PORCUPINES join the mix, things can’t get any worse for everybody’s favorite furry flatfoots! Another not-to-be-missed issue written by DARKWING DUCK’s Ian Brill and MARVEL SUPER HERO SQUAD’s Leonel Castellani!
Wow, Ninja Porcupines! How will the Rangers ever escape? Oh, by the way, is it just me, or does Cover A look a little like something from the Chipmunk Adventure?
Maybe it’s just me…
Pictured: Wrong Chipmunk
Ducky: It’s 2010 and the results of the Winter 2009 contest are finally in!
Ducky: What’s so funny?
Light: It’s like you have a contest and everyone has to wait “until next year” to get the results.
Ducky: Well, it’s not like you were much help. Light: I have a busy life.
Alain: Hai guys. People are waiting. Bicker later.
Ducky: Right, anyway… Yes, a new year and a new winner. Actually, because we had such a good turnout this time around, we have three winners! Dim the lights!
Chatbot: The lights would be dimmed if this was a bunch of people playing make believe, but it’s not. There is no stage. There are no lights. This is text.
Ducky: Sigh. Fine, fine… whatever… Here we go:
The 1st place winner of the CNDOTC Winter 2009 is… t.s.!!
t.s. really won the judges over with his classic Chip ‘n’ Dale inspired story, “Nuts About Winter.” Here are some of the judges’ comments:
* His classic-themed “fan fiction” is the breath of fresh air I’ve been waiting for, and one of the only pieces of fan fiction I’ve seen that is based on the classic shorts and not CDRR. I also enjoyed the inclusion of Donald’s nephews, a lethal combination of foes for Donald that even Disney didn’t think to use. * I could almost imagine this story occurring as an official Disney cartoon in my head. * Pretty funny and the quality of the writing is good if not excellent.
For his winning entry, t.s. will be receiving a $30 Amazon gift card, as well as a banner for his signature (to be provided later) and a custom forum rank title of his choosing. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us, t.s., and we all look forward to further contributions from you.
Our second place winner is also a writer – congratulations to CD for yet another surprisingly charming story. This is what the judges had to say about “Chipmas & Daletide”
* One of the most corny entries of the bunch, CD’s entry had me smiling all the way through. I love everything he writes, as long as everyone keeps their clothes on.
* Fairly entertaining and builds good connections to canon.
* CD and Christmas Carols seems as if it would be a disaster and it is, a disaster that is either brilliance or unintentional hilarity. Most of the lyrics are bad, yet the reactions and attitude of Chip make everything work to near perfection.
For his entry, CD will also receive a signature banner and a custom title of his choice.
And third place goes to Live2Dream for her adorable picture titled Snow fun with Chip and Dale
* The composition and coloring are good and it is funny… it’s easily the best of the pictures technically.
* This is one of the first drawings I’ve seen from her, and I’m duly impressed. She managed to capture the essence of Chip and Dale’s relationship and the way they interact with each other.
Live2Dream will receive a banner to show off in her signature.
Thank you to everyone who entered the contest and also to our mystery guest judges for helping us determine our winners. Congratulations, everyone!
Welcome to the new Chip ‘n’ Dale Online – a site by fans, for fans. This is to be the ultimate resource for Chip ‘n’ Dale fans, a database of all things Chip ‘n’ Dale and Rescue Ranger related. All visitors to the site are encouraged to register for membership and help us make this site the best that it can be. We’re always looking for new contributors, so if you think you have something to add, please join us and share your knowledge!